PSG Institute of Advanced Studies – PSG IAS was founded by PSG and Sons’ Charities Trust in 2006 takes care of the international programmes at PSG College of Technology, with the objective of providing International Education at affordable cost.
PSG College of Technology, an ISO 9001:2000 certified institution is one of the foremost institutions founded by the PSG & Sons' Charities Trust (1926). The College was established in the year 1951 and the Founders wisely decided to locate it in the same campus as the PSG Industrial Institute for effective industry-institute interaction.The college maintains close interaction with several R&D Institutions and institutions of higher learning in India and abroad, through institutional network programmes and collaborative research programmes. It also has close collaborative links with industries in the fields of Automotive, Aerospace, Defence, Textile, Machine Tools, Software Development and Consumer durables. PSG has been the recipient of several prestigious projects and International funding support.
PSG IAS collaborates with well-known universities abroad with a vision to facilitate cross border mobility to students. It has entered into partnerships with Top Tier Universities in the USA, UK, Germany & Australia which enable aspiring students to join these universities and qualify for international degrees in engineering, international business and business management under its unique credit transfer system where the students spend the first two or three years in PSG IAS, Coimbatore and remaining years in a university of their choice abroad.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, AUS
University of South Australia is located in Adelaide and is the city’s largest university with around 34,000 students, including 6000 students from over 80 countries. Formed in 1991, the University has quickly established a global reputation for the quality and creativity of its graduates and the innovative, outcome-focused relevance of its research. The university offers more than 400 degree programs in Business, Education, Arts, Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment. Programs are designed with strong professional emphasis and in partnership with Industry, and employment rates are above the national average.
The university is ranked in the top 3% of universities in the world and one of the Top 50 universities under 50 years of age (QS and Times Higher Education rankings).
Largest University in Adelaide. Ranked 11th in the world - (as per 2013 QS World University Rankings).
About the program
BE (HONS) IN MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING
Position yourself at the forefront of technology where mechanical and electrical engineering and computer science combine.
This is a four year degree program with international exposure. In the first 3 years of study, students will do their courses at PSG, the academic curriculum being the same as that of Anna University Courses offered by PSG. The credits obtained in the first 3 years at PSG will be transferred to Oregon Institute of Technology.
Professionally accredited by Engineers Australia, this degree is strongly hands-on, with significant opportunities to apply engineering theory to real-world challenges. In your final year, you’ll complete a major honours research project as well as an industry-focused design project.
Through the UniSA STEM Professional Practice Program you’ll gain at least 450 hours of skills and competencies to ensure you are graduate career ready. You will have access to a range of engagement activities such as placements, internships, guest lectures, industry panels, site visits, events and networking opportunities.
This is a joint program between University of South Australia and PSG in Mechatronics Engineering leading to BE (Honours) - (Mechatronics). In this unique program students study 2 years in India and 2 years in Australia.
All students are permitted to work in Australia part-time up to 40 hours per fortnight during study periods and unlimited hours during teaching breaks.
- 12 weeks of compulsory industrial experience to apply and integrate knowledge and skills in an industry setting.
- Advanced studies in research and professional practice leading to an Honours degree with thesis/project.
- Graduates are eligible for automatic membership of Engineers Australia with reciprocal recognition by engineering associations in over 15 countries including US, UK and India (National Board of Accreditation).
- Fast-track to Masters programs- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Mechatronics) with the Master of Engineering (Engineering Management)/ Master of Engineering (Electrical Power)/ Master of Engineering (Telecommunications).
- High-performing students also have opportunities to apply for PhD studies (4 years).
- Living in Adelaide is 19 per cent cheaper than in Sydney and Melbourne and 7 per cent cheaper than either Brisbane or Perth.
- All students who complete a bachelor or master degree with a minimum of two years full time study in Australia are eligible to apply for a Post-Study Work Visa with permission to work at any location in Australia in any profession for two years.
- To be a successful electrical and mechatronics engineer, you should be a good problem solver, show a passion for understanding science, mathematics and technologies and applying your knowledge to the betterment of the quality of lives.
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - (Mechatronics) degree awarded by University of South Australia, conferring status as an accredited engineer in AUS.
4 Years (2 years of study @ PSG and 2 years of study @ UNISA, AUSTRALIA)
TOEFL with more than 80 marks (out of 120) or IELTS Overall score of 6 and no less than 6 in any individual modules at the time of applying for visa.
accommodation, campus sport activities, Career Services, community clinics, student association, USASA, security officers, Scholarships, study support from our Learning Advisers, World class sport facilities, virtual classrooms, lecture recordings.
12 weeks of compulsory industrial experience; Potential Employers include Australian Submarine Corp, BAE Systems, Codan and BHP Billiton.
Mechatronics Engineer, Computer/Embedded System Engineer, Control System Engineer, Robotics Engineer, Power Systems Engineer, Systems Engineer.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD, USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology in FARMINGDALE STATE COLLEGE (SUNY) USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in OREGON INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY, USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in UNIVERSITY OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, USA
- B Eng in Mechanical Engineering in UNIVERSITY OF HULL, UK
- BE (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering in DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, AUSTRALIA
- B Eng ( Hons) Mechanical Engineering in MANCHESTER METROPOLITON UNIVERSITY, UK
- BE (Hons) - Mechanical Engineering in James Cook University, Australia