PSG Institute of Advanced Studies – PSG IAS was founded by PSG and Sons’ Charities Trust in 2006 takes care of the international programmes at PSG College of Technology, with the objective of providing International Education at affordable cost.
PSG College of Technology, an ISO 9001:2000 certified institution is one of the foremost institutions founded by the PSG & Sons' Charities Trust (1926). The College was established in the year 1951 and the Founders wisely decided to locate it in the same campus as the PSG Industrial Institute for effective industry-institute interaction.The college maintains close interaction with several R&D Institutions and institutions of higher learning in India and abroad, through institutional network programmes and collaborative research programmes. It also has close collaborative links with industries in the fields of Automotive, Aerospace, Defence, Textile, Machine Tools, Software Development and Consumer durables. PSG has been the recipient of several prestigious projects and International funding support.
PSG IAS collaborates with well-known universities abroad with a vision to facilitate cross border mobility to students. It has entered into partnerships with Top Tier Universities in the USA, UK, Germany & Australia which enable aspiring students to join these universities and qualify for international degrees in engineering, international business and business management under its unique credit transfer system where the students spend the first two or three years in PSG IAS, Coimbatore and remaining years in a university of their choice abroad.
Study Mechanical Engineering with UHart
About University of Hartford, USA
UHart is a four-year private nonprofit university that has been guiding the purpose and passion of undergraduate and graduate students for over six decades. Centrally located alongside Connecticut’s capital city and midway between Boston and New York City, our 350-acre campus offers big opportunities, from major industry partnerships to vibrant cultural destinations.
student to faculty ratio
student clubs and activities
students receive financial aid
About the program
BS IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
BS in Mechanical ENGINEERING DEGREE in USA THROUGH CREDIT TRANSFER PROGRAM: This is a four year degree program with international exposure. In the first 3 years of study, students will do their courses at PSG, the academic curriculum being the same as that of Anna University Courses. In addition, the students will study the following subjects
- American History
- Indian Language
- Organisational Behaviour
- Sociology and Global Issues
In the 4th year of study, students can select their courses of study from the prescribed list and do the project thesis as part of the curriculum.
All students are permitted to work in Australia part-time up to 40 hours per fortnight during study periods and unlimited hours during teaching breaks.
- Excellent international state-of-art infrastructure and eminent faculty both at the PSG Institute of Advanced Studies and at University of Hartford.
- Cost effective, since the expenses at PSGIAS for the 3 years is comparatively less.
- Scholarships from $5000 to $20,000 may be awarded for students with good academic records.
- Opportunities to pursue MS and complete the course in additional one year.
BS in Mechanical Engineering (ABET accredited) degree awarded by UHart, USA
4 Years (3 years of study @ PSG and 1 year of study @ UHart, Connecticut, USA)
TOEFL with more than 80 marks (out of 120) or IELTS Overall score of 6.5 and no less than 6 in any individual modules (at the time of applying for US VISA).
Women’s’ centre, health service and health insurance, 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport / escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones and controlled dormitory access, Job / internship opportunities, on-campus interviews, career events by alumni network, SGA (Student Government Association)
Working on projects that range from designing aircraft jet engines; the manufacture and operation of miniature surgical robots; streamlining the aerodynamics of spacecraft; design and installation of renewable energy technologies; to the optimization of acoustical characteristics of music halls.
Graduates go on to work at companies like NASA, General Dynamics Electric Boat, Kaman, Sikorsky, and Pratt & Whitney.
Scholarships from $5000 to $20,000 may be awarded for students with good academic record
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD, USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology in FARMINGDALE STATE COLLEGE (SUNY) USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in OREGON INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY, USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in UNIVERSITY OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, USA
- B Eng in Mechanical Engineering in UNIVERSITY OF HULL, UK
- BE (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering in DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, AUSTRALIA
- B Eng ( Hons) Mechanical Engineering in MANCHESTER METROPOLITON UNIVERSITY, UK
- BE (Hons) - Mechanical Engineering in James Cook University, Australia