PSG Institute of Advanced Studies – PSG IAS was founded by PSG and Sons’ Charities Trust in 2006 takes care of the international programmes at PSG College of Technology, with the objective of providing International Education at affordable cost.
PSG College of Technology, an ISO 9001:2000 certified institution is one of the foremost institutions founded by the PSG & Sons' Charities Trust (1926). The College was established in the year 1951 and the Founders wisely decided to locate it in the same campus as the PSG Industrial Institute for effective industry-institute interaction.The college maintains close interaction with several R&D Institutions and institutions of higher learning in India and abroad, through institutional network programmes and collaborative research programmes. It also has close collaborative links with industries in the fields of Automotive, Aerospace, Defence, Textile, Machine Tools, Software Development and Consumer durables. PSG has been the recipient of several prestigious projects and International funding support.
PSG IAS collaborates with well-known universities abroad with a vision to facilitate cross border mobility to students. It has entered into partnerships with Top Tier Universities in the USA, UK, Germany & Australia which enable aspiring students to join these universities and qualify for international degrees in engineering, international business and business management under its unique credit transfer system where the students spend the first two or three years in PSG IAS, Coimbatore and remaining years in a university of their choice abroad.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF HULL, UK
INDIVIDUALLY DIFFERENT. COLLECTIVELY BRILLIANT.
The University of Hull is a public university, founded in 1927 and is situated in the leafy residential suburb of Newland, just two miles north of the city centre. The University of Hull is one of the most attractive academic campuses in the UK. The city of Hull is in the East Riding of Yorkshire, on the northern shore of the Humber Estuary, with good road links to the major cities of England. Hull is 200 miles from London, 100 miles from Manchester and around 60 miles from Leeds.
AT THE CUTTING EDGE OF RESEARCH
The University has particular research expertise in social justice, environmental technologies and maritime history. Our work in healthcare, 3D visualization and nanotechnology is also widely respected. In research terms, we’re perhaps best known for developing liquid-crystal technology. For that breakthrough, we received the Queen’s Award for Technological Achievement. In the 2014 national Research Excellence Framework (REF), 62% of our research was judged to be internationally excellent.
About the program
BE in Mechanical Engineering
Study On A Course Ranked #3 In The UK For Student Satisfaction, With The Opportunity To Spend A Year In Industry.
Mechanical engineers are involved in the design and development of almost everything we use - from nanotechnology to healthcare equipment to planes, wind farms and even spacecraft. The skills you will learn are highly sought after by employers. By studying mechanical engineering you can look forward to good job prospects and a varied and fulfilling career.
This is a four year degree program with international exposure. In the first 3 years of study, students will do their courses at PSG, the academic curriculum being the same as that of Anna University courses offered by PSG. The credits earned in the first 3 years at PSG will be transferred to the University of Hull.
- Many of our students take the opportunity to spend a year in industry as part of their degree, gaining valuable experience and contacts which will help them in their careers. You could be working for some of the biggest employers in the country. Companies such as Reckitt, Airbus, Virgin Media, IBM, BMW Group, Siemens, Microsoft and Smith & Nephew.
- B Eng Degree in Mechanical or Mechanical + Automobile or Mechanical + Manufacturing Engineering (Accredited by the IMechE and IET, UK) will be awarded by the University of Hull. Those with good academic records can continue for M.Sc., in the relevant field
GET HANDS-ON WITH MECHANICAL ENGINEERING USING OUR SPECIALIST FACILITIES
B A (Hons) in International Business
Gain the skills to succeed in the increasingly internationalized world of modern business.
We've partnered with one of Europe’s leading business schools, ESSEC in France, to create a unique opportunity within this degree that helps to develop the next generation of international business leaders.
All Hull University Business School degrees have international accreditation from AACSB, which is held by fewer than 5% of business programmes worldwide. We’ll prepare you for the challenge of staying up to date in the unpredictable, dynamic business world. And we’ll guide your development into a confident, competitive business professional who can take on diverse roles in any organisation or sector.
This is a three year undergraduate programme designed to cater students aspiring to add an international dimension to their business education and for a promising career in the global business market.
PSG IAS Graduates Corner
"l owe my gratitude to PSG team for their comprehensive support and guidance in completing the course successfully. University of Hull campus is very friendly and brilliant learning environment to be in. This elite degree has laid a solid foundation to take up my post graduation"
MS (International Business)
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD, USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology in FARMINGDALE STATE COLLEGE (SUNY) USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in OREGON INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY, USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in UNIVERSITY OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, USA
- B Eng in Mechanical Engineering in IGCHE, GERMANY
- BE (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering in DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, AUSTRALIA
- B Eng ( Hons) Mechanical Engineering in MANCHESTER METROPOLITON UNIVERSITY, UK
- BE (Hons) - Mechanical Engineering in James Cook University, Australia