PSG Institute of Advanced Studies – PSG IAS was founded by PSG and Sons’ Charities Trust in 2006 takes care of the international programmes at PSG College of Technology, with the objective of providing International Education at affordable cost.
PSG College of Technology, an ISO 9001:2000 certified institution is one of the foremost institutions founded by the PSG & Sons' Charities Trust (1926). The College was established in the year 1951 and the Founders wisely decided to locate it in the same campus as the PSG Industrial Institute for effective industry-institute interaction.The college maintains close interaction with several R&D Institutions and institutions of higher learning in India and abroad, through institutional network programmes and collaborative research programmes. It also has close collaborative links with industries in the fields of Automotive, Aerospace, Defence, Textile, Machine Tools, Software Development and Consumer durables. PSG has been the recipient of several prestigious projects and International funding support.
PSG IAS collaborates with well-known universities abroad with a vision to facilitate cross border mobility to students. It has entered into partnerships with Top Tier Universities in the USA, UK, Germany & Australia which enable aspiring students to join these universities and qualify for international degrees in engineering, international business and business management under its unique credit transfer system where the students spend the first two or three years in PSG IAS, Coimbatore and remaining years in a university of their choice abroad.
ABOUT OREGON INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, USA
Oregon Tech offers innovative, professionally-focused undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the areas of engineering, health, business, technology, and applied arts and sciences. To foster student and graduate success, the university provides a hands-on, project-based learning environment and emphasizes innovation, scholarship, and applied research.
Employed or enrolled in graduate school
per year median starting salary
About the program
BS IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
This is a four year degree program with international exposure. In the first 3 years of study, students will do their courses at PSG, the academic curriculum being the same as that of Anna University Courses offered by PSG. The credits obtained in the first 3 years at PSG will be transferred to Oregon Institute of Technology.
- Designed around a foundational core of hands-on and applied engineering coursework in mechanics, dynamics, fluid mechanics, thermal science, and materials science, students gain practical knowledge and career-relevant experience.
- Graduates will have the foundation in mechanics, dynamics, fluid mechanics, thermal and materials science.
- Mechanical Engineering internships are offered by Multiple Engineering Cooperative Programs (MECOP).
- Graduates will develop excellent oral and written communication skills for the next generation of leaders, innovators, and team-players in mechanical engineering.
- Graduates will create and cultivate partnerships with fellow students and with industry sponsors through the state-wide MECOP internship program to jump start the career before graduation.
- Excellent Career opportunities; Close link between theory and practice.
- 96% are either employed or pursue Higher education within 6 Months of Course Completion.
BS in Mechanical Engineering degree awarded by OREGON INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, USA
4 Years (3 years of study @ PSG and 1 year of study @ Oregon Tech)
550 on paper-based TOEFL or 213 on computer-based TOEFL, or 68 on Internet-based TOEFL, or minimum of 6 on the IELTS is required to qualify for the US student VISA to take up their 4th year of study.
women’s centre, placement services, Health Services and Health Insurance, Campus Safety and Security Services, Job/Internships, opportunities, On Campus Interviews, Career Events. Student Accommodation, 60+ Clubs
Our graduates work for: Boeing, Daimler Trucks, Ford Motor Company, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, and Proctor & Gamble
Scholarship of $ 2000 to $ 9000 is offered based on 1st 3 years’ performance. Fees can be reduced for online courses.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD, USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology in FARMINGDALE STATE COLLEGE (SUNY) USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in OREGON INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY, USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in UNIVERSITY OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, USA
- B Eng in Mechanical Engineering in UNIVERSITY OF HULL, UK
- BE (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering in DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, AUSTRALIA
- B Eng ( Hons) Mechanical Engineering in MANCHESTER METROPOLITON UNIVERSITY, UK
- BE (Hons) - Mechanical Engineering in James Cook University, Australia