PSG Institute of Advanced Studies (PSGIAS) was founded by PSG and Sons’ Charities trust to promote high quality research in some niche areas of science and technology, as well as to create opportunities to PSG Institutions to collaborate with universities abroad.
The vision is to become an Institution of excellence in cross border mobility of faculty and students and promotion of translational research.
The mission is to continuously explore and enhance academic collaboration with universities abroad for cross border mobility of students and faculty of PSG Institutions and promote innovative research and technology business incubation.
PSG Institute of Advanced Studies conducts educational courses in partnership with Universities abroad under credit transfer scheme. Students complete a part of study at PSG where the courses are taught by the PSG Tech faculty with the latest facilities available at PSG College of Technology and the students go abroad to complete the study there and get an international degree awarded by the foreign University concerned. By this process the expenses incurred by the students come down considerably, yet students can get an international exposure and international degree.
PSG IAS collaborates with well-known universities abroad with a vision to facilitate cross border mobility to students. It has entered into partnerships with Top Tier Universities in the USA, UK, Germany & Australia which enable aspiring students to join these universities and qualify for international degrees in engineering, international business and business management under its unique credit transfer system where the students spend the first two or three years in PSG IAS, Coimbatore and remaining years in a university of their choice abroad.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, USA
The consolidation of three schools namely the District of Columbia Teachers College.Federal City College and Washington Technical Institute formed the University of the District of Columbia in 1976. In 1977, under President Carter’s leadership, UDC began consolidating its academic programs. These efforts culminated in the establishment of five colleges: Business and Public Management; Education and Human Ecology; Liberal and Fine Arts; Life Sciences; Physical Science, Engineering, and Technology; and University College and Continuing Education.
UDC continues to transform itself over time to meet the changing needs of its students and the community. The University currently offers 81 undergraduate and graduate academic degree programs through the following colleges and schools: College of Agriculture, Urban Sustainability and Environmental Sciences (CAUSES); College of Arts and Sciences (CAS); School of Business and Public Administration (SBPA); School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS); the Community College and David A. Clarke School of Law.
The only public university in the nation’s capital and the only urban land-grant university in the United States, the University of the District of Columbia are committed to a broad mission of education, research and community service. The University of DC offers Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral Degrees, and a host of workplace development services designed to create opportunities for student success.
The only public university in the nation’s capital and the only urban land-grant university in the United States, the University of the District of Columbia are committed to a broad mission of education, research and community service. Established by abolitionist Myrtilla Miner in 1851, the University of DC offers Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral Degrees, and a host of workplace development services designed to create opportunities for student success. The University is comprised of a Community College, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, School of Business and Public Administration, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Agriculture, Urban Sustainability and Environmental Sciences, and the David A. Clarke School of Law.
For Admission to PSG:
More than 70% marks in +2 board examination
For transfer to Aboard Universities (USA, UK, and Australia):
TOEFL score more than 80 (out of 120) or IELTS overall score more than 6 and not less than 5.5 in any individual modules. The examinations results should be available 6 months before going to the abroad university. The students should also clear all technical subjects with more than an average of 70 % marks.
About the program
BS in Mechanical Engineering
The mechanical engineering bachelor’s degree program at the University of the District of Columbia helps the students to develop the technical, problem-solving and analytical skills needed to design, build and foster innovations in mechanical systems. The program offers a balanced curriculum in engineering sciences, design, experimentation, computer skills and ethical standards along with a liberal arts education in mathematics, sciences, social sciences and humanities. The program is accredited by the Engineering Accrediting Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), Inc.
The primary objective of the mechanical engineering bachelor’s program at UDC is to give students the knowledge, skills, and tools they need for a successful engineering career or advanced study in the field.
- Establish themselves as practicing professionals (with a capacity to become policy makers and leaders in government or industry) and/or be engaged in advanced study in mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and communicate effectively as members of a professional team to aid in the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning through ongoing professional training and development, leadership training, and research in order to be effective in the context of changing global conditions.
- Develop adaptability in order to embrace challenges and exemplify an entrepreneurial mindset.
BS in Computer Science
Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Graduates will be proficient in the field of computer science by demonstrating success in professional careers and/or graduate studies.
- Graduates will grow professionally by acquiring new skills in computing and adapting to new technologies, tools, and methodologies to provide innovative solutions to computing problems.
- Graduates will practice as responsible professionals who are mindful of ethical issues and societal needs that are inherent in the computing field.
BS IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING / COMPUTER SCIENCE degree awarded by UNIVERSITY OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, USA
3 years at PSG and 1 year at UDC
A good academic record in the plus 2 examinations with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. TOEFL score of more than 80 / 120 before travelling to USA.
Campus Student Accommodation, Student Union, UDC Career Services, Loans, Financial Aid & Office, Scholarships, Counselling Services, World class sport facilities, Health Services
Mechanical Engineering Prospective Employers: D.C. Metropolitan, Transit Authority, NASA, Xerox, Motorola, Northwest Airlines, AT&T and the National Institutes of Health
UNIVERSITY OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA Graduates Corner
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD, USA
- BE in Mechanical Engineering in IGCHE - GERMANY
- BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology in FARMINGDALE STATE COLLEGE (SUNY) USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in OREGON INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering in BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY, USA
- B Eng in Mechanical Engineering in UNIVERSITY OF HULL, UK
- BE (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering in DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, AUSTRALIA
- B Eng ( Hons) Mechanical Engineering in MANCHESTER METROPOLITON UNIVERSITY, UK
- BE (Hons) - Mechanical Engineering in James Cook University, Australia
- BS in Computer Engineering in BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY, USA
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science in MANCHESTER METROPOLITON UNIVERSITY, UK
- BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology in FARMINGDALE STATE COLLEGE (SUNY) USA
- BS in Computer Science in FARMINGDALE STATE COLLEGE (SUNY) USA
- BS in Computer Science in IGCHE, GERMANY