PSG Institute of Advanced Studies – PSG IAS was founded by PSG and Sons’ Charities Trust in 2006 takes care of the international programmes at PSG College of Technology, with the objective of providing International Education at affordable cost.
PSG College of Technology, an ISO 9001:2000 certified institution is one of the foremost institutions founded by the PSG & Sons' Charities Trust (1926). The College was established in the year 1951 and the Founders wisely decided to locate it in the same campus as the PSG Industrial Institute for effective industry-institute interaction.The college maintains close interaction with several R&D Institutions and institutions of higher learning in India and abroad, through institutional network programmes and collaborative research programmes. It also has close collaborative links with industries in the fields of Automotive, Aerospace, Defence, Textile, Machine Tools, Software Development and Consumer durables. PSG has been the recipient of several prestigious projects and International funding support.
PSG IAS collaborates with well-known universities abroad with a vision to facilitate cross border mobility to students. It has entered into partnerships with Top Tier Universities in the USA, UK, Germany & Australia which enable aspiring students to join these universities and qualify for international degrees in engineering, international business and business management under its unique credit transfer system where the students spend the first two or three years in PSG IAS, Coimbatore and remaining years in a university of their choice abroad.
Our campus in MunchBerg offers a unique education in Germany because of the relationship between the economy and the Textile and Design programs. Companies of upper Franconia also benefit from the centers of excellence and institutes at the University. The three research institutes concentrate on information systems, materials science and water and energy management. Our Graduate School offers full-time further education degree programs. The Bavarian-Indian Centre for Business and University Cooperation, which is affiliated to the University, boosts cooperation between Bavaria and India.
- Language of instruction: English
- Hof University is one of the few German universities offering Textile education and has an excellent reputation.
- Strong practice-orientation and integrated internship
- Well equipped laboratories, state-of-the-art machinery and modern classrooms Ideal student - teacher ratio.
- Intensive personal support.
- Large Indian student community.
- Low cost of living yet high quality of life.
- Affordable accommodation in hostels.
- Excellent location to explore Germany and Europe.
About the program
BE in Innovative Textiles
TRAIN TODAY FOR THE JOB OF THE FUTURE.
Today the term “textiles” is not just considered a synonym for clothing and home furnishing textiles. Due to the vast progress in development, the field of textiles has advanced to become one of the hi-tech sectors of global industry during recent years. Their versatile functionality has rendered these innovative materials indispensable for technical applications, ranging from automotive to aerospace industries.
- This international Bachelor program has duration of 9 semesters (4.5 years) including an internship phase of 18 weeks and a thesis phase of 12 weeks.
- Four basic semesters are to be completed at PSG Coimbatore. Subsequently four consecutive semesters are completed at the MunchBerg campus of Hof University of Applied Sciences, Germany, including the core studies and the specialization area.
- The internship phase and the thesis phase may be completed at either location.
- After successful completion of all assignments, students are awarded the Bachelor of Engineering Degree from Hof University of Applied Sciences. There is a possibility for the students to get employment in Germany.
- Possible salary upto EUR 35000 per year.
KICK-START: UP TO 7500 EUR FUNDING FOR INNOVATIVE IDEAS
- Hof University of Applied Sciences has launched a special funding program with Kick start, financed by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
- All students can apply with an innovative idea, which can be funded with up to 7,500 Euros as part of the Kickstart program.
- This allows students to purchase raw materials, components or, for example, special machines. "This phase is primarily about testing and developing an idea into a demonstrator.
- This provides the first important insights into whether an idea is technically feasible and whether the product or service has a chance on the market.
B Eng Innovative Textiles degree awarded by Hof University of Applied Sciences, Germany
4.5 Years (2 years of study @ PSG IAS and 2.5 years of study @ HoF)
successful completion of relevant basic study program – at PSG
Academic Advising, Language Center, Library, Career Service, IT Services, Counseling and psychological services, Athletics, Association for Student Affairs, Student clubs, Student Affairs, Financial support, Application and Admission, Housing
Textile Engineering in Aerospace Industry/ Medical Industry, Textile technologist
Federal Scholarship Program, Bavarian Scholarship Program